Who we are & what we do
West Hoathly Parish Council consists of 11 elected councillors who serve for a four year term.
Council Meetings are usually held on the last Monday of each month, except August - see the diary of meetings for more information.
Planning Committee meetings take place on the same day just before the Parish Council meeting. The Planning Committee reviews and comments on local planning applications made to Mid Sussex District Council.
There are 3 further committees whose meetings are also held on a Monday evening :
- Asset & Highways Committee meets 4 times a year and looks after the assets owned by the Parish Council as well as working with the County Council to seek ways to improve the Parish's roads and transport.
- Finance Committee meets twice a year to set the budget and carry out an end of year review
- Management Committee of West Hoathly Village Hall meets 3 times a year. and runs the Hall for which the Parish Council is Sole Managing Trustee.
All Council and Committee meetings are open to members of the public and begin with a public question time.
On behalf of the Parish the Parish Council owns and manages:
- North Lane Recreation Ground
- North Lane Public Toilets
- Finche Field and Allotments
- The Old Playground in Sharpthorne
- Land adjacent to The Bluebells, Bluebell Lane, Sharpthorne
For further information relating to the services offered by the Parish Council please contact the Parish Clerk who will be happy to give advice and assistance.
Our councillors are elected or co-opted, if you would like to become a councillor or find out more about what they do then please contact the Parish Clerk.
West Hoathly Parish Council Standing Orders
We have a Clerk to the Council who works with Mid Sussex District Council and West Sussex County Council to deliver the range of services provided. The clerk can be contacted by phone or email.
West Hoathly Parish Council
Helen works part time and is available in the Parish Office on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings between 9:00am and 12:00pm.
- Village Hall
- 01342 811301