EAST Horrington, Somerset (Hornningdun, 1065 'horn-shaped hill')
Find out more about East Horrington today:
On Facebook: The Horringtons Community Group
By email - email@example.com
In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Horrington like this:
HORRINGTON, a chapelry in Wells-ST. Cuthbert parish, Somerset; 2 miles E of Wells city and r. station. It was constituted in 1844; and it includes the tythings of East Horrington and Chilcot. Post town, Wells, Somerset. Pop., 868. Houses, 92. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £300. Patron, the Vicar of Wells. The church was built in 1838. Charities, £5.