The membership of each committee is decided at the Annual Council Meeting in May. The chairman (Cllr Cathy Fagg) and vice-chairman (Cllr Phil Jackson) of the council are ex-officio members of all committees. The Terms of Reference for each committee can be found below.
Representatives on Outside Bodies
Two members act as trustees of the Parochial Charity for 4-year periods, reviewed annually.
In 2021, Councillors supported the re-appointment of Jean Pullin as trustee. Cllr Andrew Wilkinson agreed to act as a trustee.
Long Ashton Churchyard and Memorial Trust
In 2021 Cllr Charles Cave was appointed for 4 years, reviewed annually.
Long Ashton Community Association (LACA)
In 2021 the appointed trustee is Cllr Charles Cave.
Avon Local Councils Association/NALC
Avon Local Councils Association (ALCA)/National Association of Local Councils (NALC)
Membership of other groups
Parish Councils Airport Association (PCAA)
Society of Local Councils Clerks (for the clerk and assistant clerk)
Other Bodies, Networks and Meetings
- Parish Councils Airport Association – Cllr Jude D'Alesio
- Long Ashton Youth Club Management Committee - Cllr Phil Jackson and Cllr Cait Sellars
- Long Ashton Children's and Young People's Network – Cllr Phil Jackson
- Durnford Quarry Liaison – Cllr Charles Cave, Cllr Phil Jackson, Cllr Colin James
- Welcome LA – Cllr Ruth McAllister-Kemp and Cllr Liz Lansley
- North Somerset Community Resilience Liaison – Cllr Liz Anderson (if the group becomes active again)
- Long Ashton Children's Centre Services – Cllr Liz Anderson
- Patient Participation Group – Cllr Liz Anderson