Who we are & what we do
Horsted Keynes Parish Council consists of 11 elected councillors who serve for a four-year term.
On behalf of the Parish, the Parish Council owns and manages:
- Lewes Road Recreation Ground (including the Horsted Keynes Pavilion, Playground, Tennis Courts, and Allotments).
- Station Road Public Toilets.
Council Meetings are usually held on the second Tuesday of each month, except August - see the diary of meetings for more information. Planning applications are considered at these meetings. The council reviews and comments on local planning applications made to Mid Sussex District Council.
There are 4 committees that help manage the Parish assets whose meetings are also held on a Monday evening:
- Planning Committee usually held on the second Tuesday of each month, except August.
- Toilet, The Green, Recreation Ground & Highways Committee (TGR&H) meets 4 times a year and looks after the assets owned by the Parish Council as well as working with the County Council to seek ways to improve the Parish's roads and transport.
- Finance & Governance Committee meets twice a year to set the budget and carry out an end of year review.
- Recreation Ground Trustees meet 3 times a year – the Parish Council is the Custodian Trustee and Councillors are the Management Trustees – for the Horsted Keynes Pavilion, Tennis Club, Football Club, Playground, and other activities held on the Recreation Ground.
For further information relating to the services offered by the Parish Council please contact the Parish Clerk who will be happy to give advice and assistance.
Contact details and committee membership.
Our councillors are elected or co-opted, if you would like to become a councillor or find out more about what they do then please contact the Parish Clerk.
Any co-option will be done using the Co-option Procedure.
Horsted Keynes Parish Council Governance
Along with Financial Regulations the way the Parish Council conducts business is outlined in the following policy documents
Council Standing Orders (PDF, 512 Kb)
Parish Council Standing Orders - the rules and guidelines for carrying out Parish Council business.
The Parish Council sets out a vision of what it would like to achieve during each 4 year Council term. This vision document is reviewed annually.
We have a part time Clerk to the Council who works with Mid Sussex District Council and West Sussex County Council to deliver the range of services provided. The Clerk can be contacted by phone or email.
Parish Clerk - Michaela Frost
Michaela works part time and is available in the Parish Office on Wednesday morning between 10:00am and 12:00pm.
- Rear of Village Hall
- 01825 791919
- 07939 436228
Responsible Finance Officer - Michaela Frost
Scheme of Delegation (PDF, 312 Kb)
Delegation of Council decisions to Committees and the Clerk.