The Precept is that element of your Council Tax that is paid to the Parish Council.
Every year, the Parish Council draws up budgets and calculates how much money it needs for the next Financial Year. These are usually finalised at the January Full Council meeting and then submitted to Vale of White Horse District Council. VWHDC co-ordinate the other demands from OCC, Police and themselves and come up with the rate to be paid from 1st April that year.
The Parish Council needs to raise this extra money in response to the on-going cuts in services offered by the County Council and to maintain the level of service that is currently achieved. The precept that has been identified is £16,596.00.
Further details of the Parish Council's budgets for the Financial Year can be obtained from the Clerk.
In submitting an application the organisation or club agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The application must be made on the Parish Council's formal Grant Application Form.
2. The Application Form should be accompanied by any quotes, estimates, or other information to support the requirement of the need for financial assistance.
3. The Parish Council may request the Application be accompanied by a copy of the organisations latest audited accounts.
4. The Application Form, Accounts, and support paperwork must be received by the Clerk to East Hanney Parish Council by no later than the close of business on 2nd January in each year.
5. Completed Application Forms for financial assistance may be submitted at any time throughout the year but will not be considered by the Parish Council until February in each year.
6. The Parish Council will not enter into any correspondence or dialogue on the matter of whether a Grant has or has not been awarded or to the level of financial assistance it may or may not have awarded.
7. Grant Applications should be addressed to: The Clerk, East Haney Parish Council, c/o 12 Brookside, East Hanney, Wantage, Oxfordshire. OX12 0JL