Northamptonshire ACRE Oil scheme in Syresham.
Many people in rural areas are without mains gas and are therefore reliant on oil. Most individual orders are small, and are consequently at the mercy of high pricing by the oil companies. Parish Profiles reveal that fuel poverty is higher amongst those in rural areas in the county and those reliant on oil.
Northamptonshire ACRE believe that the county-wide Bulk Oil Buying scheme plays an important part in fulfilling a key objective of 'working to improve the quality of life for rural communities in Northamptonshire'.
The scheme aims to save members money by bringing people together to make the most of their collective buying power. By so doing the price of oil can be reduced and savings made for members of the scheme as well as helping to cut down the number of tanker visits to a village, thereby benefiting the environment . The scheme is open to households, businesses and community organisations that use oil to heat their homes and premises.
By early December 2015 residents who signed up to join the Oil Scheme here in the village will have enjoyed the benefit of a further year's reduced oil and LPG Gas prices. The Scheme has been running since 2011 and we have 35 members here in Syresham, Brackley Hatch and Pimlico.
Over the past year, orders have been placed for over 67,000 litres in Syresham alone, being a significant part of the county-wide scheme.
It is orders of this volume that drive prices down, make the scheme attractive and enable significant savings with each purchase, for example -
Last month's price: 28.7 pence per litre against a market high of 38.95 pence per litre
When can I order oil?
Once you have joined the scheme you can place an order of at least 500 litres in any month except December a list of deadline dates is published.
How do I order oil?
To use the system you need to register at: https://nacre.myolive.co.uk/registration/register
- Once you are registered you need to record your payment method – either debit or credit card (there is a 2% charge for using credit cards unfortunately which goes to the card issuing company) or you can set up a direct debit payment.
- You will see in the main menu an option showing all of the oil ordering deadlines.
- You can place your order for oil at any time and it will be picked up in the next deadline.
- After midday on the deadline date, eSmartMetrics collate all the oil orders, negotiate with the oil suppliers for the best price, send you an automated email with the details of the price per litre and the total cost for your order.
- After 24 hours, if you haven't cancelled the order they will take payment for your order automatically, place the full order with the suppliers and make the payment at the same time. This means you don't need to pay the oil company directly anymore, which quite a few of our members used to find a hassle.
- The oil is usually delivered within 10 working days.
Membership application can be made by clicking here