1. Skip to content

Dacre Parish Council

Serving the people of Dacre

Brief History of Eggborough

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eggborough like this:

EGGBOROUGH, a township in Kellington parish, West Riding of Yorkshire, on the Goole canal, 5 miles West by North of Snaith.

It contains the hamlets of High Eggborough, Low Eggborough and Hut Green, it has 1,997 Acres, population 299, houses 61, it also has a Wesleyan Chapel